New Handmade Insurance Coverage Available for FLIP Clients
We've got exciting news.
Until now, a FLIP policy would only cover food-based operations. Our new handmade endorsement allows you to offer additional products and receive comprehensive coverage for product liability and business personal product.
So, are you ready to make some money?
Expanding your product options can be a lucrative way to add to your income stream as a food business owner. If your creativity extends beyond the kitchen—and you love to mix up soaps, candles, and lotions with equally delicious smells—there's an endorsement to cover you.
What Handmade Insurance Covers
There's a long list of products eligible for this coverage. If you've considered adding products to your food business, this list could give you some great ideas for products to develop. Check out the limitations too, and make sure your product isn't excluded.
- Acetone (Proper warning labels must be attached and cannot contain parabens or phthalates.)
- Aerosol Products (Products must be stored in temperature controlled environment, have warning labels, and have adequate safety controls in place.)
- Air Fresheners
- Candles (No liquid fuel gel)
- Essential Oils
- Hair Care Products
- Household Cleaning Products – (100% natural or organic; making up less than 50% of overall sales)
- Lipstick or Lip Gloss
- Lotions and Moisturizers
- Nail Polish (Products containing Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, and Formaldehyde are not eligible.)
- Perfume & Body Fragrances
- Pre-Made Cosmetic and Skincare Bases, Oils and Materials
- Skin Care Products – Baby and Adult
- Spa Supplies (No electrical products or furniture.)
- Tools and Accessories – (Bags, brushes, mirrors, grooming supplies.)
- Topical Ointments
- Topical Products for Animals (Shampoos, Ointments, etc.)
Are You Ready To Expand Your Food Business?
Great! If you've added handmade products to your food business, you can purchase a handmade endorsement completely online. Current FLIP policyholders just need to visit their dashboard to add the endorsement to their existing policy.
To purchase a FLIP policy with the handmade endorsement, fill out this short application, select the handmade endorsement option and complete that piece of the application, then enter your payment information.
Handmade Insurance Coverage