Liability Insurance for Home Based Bakers

Nothing beats working from home, especially if you are doing something you love, which you are. You’ve gone through all the red tape, completed all the forms, and basically turned your house into a commercial kitchen. You’re almost ready to go; there’s just one more thing you need: insurance.

What risks do you face? Your personal and business accounts could be fair game if one of your clients claim your food led to them having an allergic reaction. Same goes for a client who claims they injured themselves on your premises. Not preparing for risks can be expensive.

But if you have bakers insurance, you have put yourself in a good position to safeguard your money. Our Food Liability Insurance Program (FLIP) has the coverage you need for this type of business at an affordable price.

FLIP was created to give as many food vendors as possible the policy they need, including those who specialize in:

Bakers insurance protects bakers from third-party claims that might arise from their business operations. Covered claims may include slip-and-fall accidents, illnesses caused by baked products, or equipment loss.

Baker insurance from the Food Liability Insurance Program (FLIP), provides coverage for business personal property/inland marine, general liability, and product liability.

FLIP baker insurance costs $299. However, there are additional coverage options that you can add for an additional premium to your customize your policy. For example, as a baker, you may wish to increase your business personal property coverage amounts or add a trailer endorsement if you sell from a mobile trailer.

You may have wondered, "Do I need baker insurance?" Yes. When you operate your bakery, you are liable if injuries, illnesses, or damages happen in the process of your business operations.

For example, if a customer gets sick from eating your food or if somebody trips and falls over your bakery stand and is injured, you could be held responsible. Claims from unfortunate incidents like these can easily wipe out your business and personal finances and cause your business to close.

In addition, if you sell your baked goods at farmers markets, state fairs, festivals, or other events, many event organizers require all food vendors to carry them as additional insureds. Other entities that may require bakers to carry additional insureds are wedding venues, commercial & commissary kitchens, or bake sale organizers.

benefits of flip

Program Highlights

  • General Liability
  • Products and Completed Operations Coverage
  • Personal and Advertising Injury Coverage
  • Damage to Premises Rented Coverage
  • Business Personal Property Coverage

Program Benefits

  • No Quote Process
  • 24/7 Access to Policy Documents
  • Convenient Online Purchasing
  • Licensed In All 50 States
  • A+ Rated Insurance Carrier

What is FLIP?

FLIP was created to offer the most affordable liability insurance to food vendors without sacrificing coverage. By creating an online program, long and expensive underwriting processes were shortened, allowing FLIP to offer quality insurance policies at reduced prices compared to more traditional methods of processing. In addition, the online presence gives food vendors more control over their policies at their convenience.

Contact us

260 South 2500 West Suite 303
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

P: 844.520.6992


"I have used FLIP insurance for two years now. They have always provided excellent service at an affordable price. Don't consider going with anyone else!"

Jessi, TN