Protect your food business from the cost of liability claims with FLIP’s state fair insurance program, designed specifically for businesses that serve food at state and county fairs.

*Annual plan starting at $299/year

Comprehensive Coverage

Receive up to $2 million in coverage for general liability, $10k in tools and equipment, and more with additional policy options to protect your business from the cost of liability claims.


Extend your insurance coverage to your events by including them as an additional insured on your policy. FLIP offers unlimited additional insureds free of cost.


Get the coverage you need in minutes with FLIP’s quote-free, online checkout and gain instant, 24/7 access to your policy through your FLIP user account.

Do You Need Insurance to Sell Food At State Fairs?

Selling food products at state and county fairs comes with a unique set of risks, from trip and fall accidents and property damage claims to accidentally getting customers sick from the food you served them. If an accident involving your business or food product occurs, you could be held liable to pay tens of thousands of dollars or more. That’s why your business needs state fair insurance—it can reduce, and in some cases remove, the cost you may be required to pay for liability claims arising from your business operation.

Protect your food business with up to $2 million in A+ rated general and product liability insurance as well as $10k for tools and equipment insurance. Not enough coverage? Not a problem! FLIP provides increased limits and additional policy options for businesses that need them.

Coverage Details:

General Liability Aggregate Limit
Products-Completed Operations Aggregate Limit
Personal and Advertising Injury Limit
General Each Occurrence Limit
Damage to Premises Rented to You (Any One Premises)
Liability Deductible
Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Any One Article / Aggregate)
Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Per Occurrence) - Deductible

For food trailers, general liability limits only apply if you add a Trailer Endorsement to your policy. (Trailer Endorsement can be added during checkout).

**Please note that this is only a summary of your insurance coverage. All policies have specific terms, conditions, exclusions, and limitations. Please refer to the policy for a complete description of coverages. For a sample policy, please contact us at (844) 520-6992 or by email at

General Liability

General liability can protect your business from the cost of third-party bodily injury and property damage claims that arise as a result of your business operation. It can also protect against claims regarding products-completed operations, personal and advertising injury, and more.

Aggregate Limit: $2,000,000

Product Liability

As a food industry business, you run the risk of customers getting sick from the food you serve them, whether it be from foodborne illness, unlabelled allergens, or something else. Product liability insurance can protect your business from the cost of these product-related claims.

Aggregate Limit: $2,000,000

Inland Marine

Also referred to as tools and equipment coverage, inland marine insurance can protect your business from the cost of claims regarding equipment damage and theft. FLIP offers increased coverage limits for inland marine based on your business’ insurance needs.

Aggregate Limit: $10,000

Damage To Premises Rented

This coverage can protect your business from the cost of claims arising from damages done to rented spaces, such as an event booth or commercial kitchen. It’s common for property owners and event organizers to require businesses to list them as additional insureds on a policy before renting a space. FLIP provides unlimited additional insureds at no extra cost.

Aggregate Limit: $300,000

Cyber Liability

Cyber liability insurance protects your business from the costs that arise from experiencing a cyber security breach. If your business collects or stores information online, on a computer, or on a mobile device, we strongly recommend this coverage option.

Aggregate Limit: $100,000

Program highlights

Annual Policies



$ 299



State fair food vendors may be pleasantly surprised by the new insurance options available for purchase in conjunction with their FLIP state fair insurance policy including: Increased gross receipts eligibility limits Liquor liability insurance Commercial auto in select states INCREASED INCOME LIMITS—WE

Read More