Why you need Liquor Liability Insurance

Now offering discounted

Commercial auto policies

With purchase of General Liability Policy

General questions

How does program insurance work?

Program insurance, like FLIP, is written through a Risk Purchasing Group (RPG) where business with similar liability risks are able to purchase cost-effective and comprehensive insurance coverage. By purchasing as a group instead of individual businesses, our FLIP customers enjoy greater negotiation power in the insurance marketplace. This power allows FLIP customers to enjoy broad coverage tailored to their industry, lower premiums, and overall cost savings. Additionally, as part of our FLIP Insurance program, you don't share coverage limits, and you will receive your own individual certificate of insurance.

All our policies are 100% fully earned, which means there are no refunds.

FLIP Insurance is designed for individuals, or companies, in the food vending business. Whether you make, sell, or distribute a food product, you are qualified for FLIP insurance as long as you aren't selling any of the excluded products listed below and your gross annual sales are under $200,000. If your gross sales are over $200,000, please contact us for additional options.

Products and operations that are EXCLUDED in this policy:

  • Alcoholic beverages or products (includes serving, selling, or sub-contracting)
  • Animal/Livestock feed (this does not include pet products)
  • Any product requiring a prescription
  • Baby food
  • Commercial farms owned or operated by the insured (your products sold away from the farm are okay)
  • Companies/Operations not in compliance with county, state, and federal food and safety regulations
  • Diet products or cleanses or pills marketed as a 'weight loss' product
  • Energy drinks
  • Grocery store or supermarket retail operations owned or operated by the insured
  • Health coaching
  • Importers - product or dairy making up more than 20% of total sales
  • Importers - seafood, meat, poultry
  • Kava
  • Kombucha
  • Medical invasive products - intended to stay within body
  • Nutraceuticals, vitamins, supplements, suppositories or products containing pharmaceuticals, drugs or medicines
  • Nutrition consulting
  • Owner or operator of any fixed/permanent location
  • Owner or operator of a food court / storefront
  • Restaurant, cafe, bakery, tavern, or similar establishment, with operations where you own or lease the space where customers enter to purchase food/beverages
  • Tobacco related products including e-cigarettes and smokeless products
  • Topical products including soaps, lotions, and bath products

See policy for exact terms, conditions, and exclusions.

Because you are part of a group insurance program, your business will benefit from the purchasing power of the FLIP Insurance Program. It is highly unlikely that your insurance costs will change.

Yes. You can add additional insureds online with no extra charges. Log in and under the policy screen, click Add Additional Insured. Certificates will be available to print immediately.

No, there is no cost to add an additional insured. You can add as many additional insureds as needed throughout your 12 month policy period.

A deductible is the amount of loss that is your responsibility. For example, if you have a theft claim of $750, you will be responsible for a $250 deductible for that claim and the insurance company will pay the other $500. Remember that FLIP Insurance policies have no liability deductibles.

Food insurance questions

Why purchase a FLIP policy?

Most other general liability policies offered by other carriers exclude the most common types of claims with food vendors. FLIP’s policy doesn’t have those exclusions, making it one of the more comprehensive options available. In addition, FLIP’s online platform provides continual access to your policy.

Additional policy benefits:

  • No liability deductible
  • No charge for additional insureds
  • Includes Business Personal Property coverage
  • View, verify & download policy documents anytime
  • Instant coverage
  • Non-premises specific
General Liability Aggregate $2,000,000
Products & Completed Operations Aggregate $2,000,000
Personal & Advertising Injury $1,000,000
General Liability Each Occurrence $1,000,000
Damage to Rented Premises $300,000
Medical Expenses $5,000

Great American Insurance Company is the insurer. They are one of the top carriers in the U.S. and are A+ rated by A.M. Best. To learn more, click here.

FLIP policies are annual, so your policy will provide you coverage for 12 months from the effective date you select. You will also see the effective and expiration dates listed on your policy proof of insurance document, which is accessible from your online account.

If the coverage provided by FLIP does not meet the recommendations of a venue/show or your specific needs, we have other options available to you. Please contact us to discuss your particular situation.

You may choose to opt-in to EZ Renew, FLIP’s auto-renewal system, during the checkout process or anytime after purchasing your policy. To enroll after purchase, click the “My Policy” button in your dashboard. If you choose not to enroll, your policy will not automatically renew.

To renew your policy, login to your online account. Click on "My Policies," and then click the "Renew" button next to your expiring policy number. The Renew button will only be available within 30 days of your policy expiration date. Click that button and follow directions provided to you.

Most of the time, your renewal price and your purchase price will be the same, as long as you choose the same coverage limits. However, prices may change depending on current marketplace trends.

Yes, you will receive reminders to renew your policy prior to the policy's expiration date.



What is an additional insured?

An additional insured is a person, organization, or venue that is added to your insurance policy by endorsement. Your policy coverages will protect the additional insured from lawsuits caused by your negligence.

A deductible is the amount of loss that is your responsibility. For example, if you have a theft claim of $750, you will be responsible for a $250 deductible for that claim and the insurance company will pay the other $500. Remember that FLIP Insurance policies have no liability deductibles.

General Liability is insurance coverage for bodily injury or property damage caused by direct or indirect actions of the insured person.

Product Liability is insurance coverage for bodily injury or property damage that may arise from your products.

Business Personal Property, or Inland Marine, provides coverage for items you use in your business, such as supplies, equipment, and inventory.


Contact us

260 South 2500 West Suite 303
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

P: 844.520.6992


"I have used FLIP insurance for two years now. They have always provided excellent service at an affordable price. Don't consider going with anyone else!"

Jessi, TN