Food Cart

Mobile food carts are becoming more and more popular throughout the United States. You have taken advantage of that increased popularity and have a menu that you and your customers love. Whether you are in one definite place every day, you move around a lot, or you simply sell at events like farmer’s markets, you will want protection to reduce the risks that come from being a food cart vendor.

bowl icon


Protect your food cart with A+ rated general and product liability insurance, equipment coverage, and additional policy options according to your business needs.

salt and pepper


Your food cart will likely need to include additional insureds on its policy. FLIP offers unlimited additional insureds to concessions businesses at no extra cost.

Learn More
soy sauce holder


At FLIP, we make getting covered easy. Protect your business in less than ten minutes and gain instant access to your policy through our online user portal.


What Is Food Cart Insurance?

Food cart insurance is a liability insurance plan designed to protect food cart businesses from the cost of liability claims. As food industry businesses, food carts face a variety of liability risks, from trip and fall accidents to customers getting sick from their food. Food cart insurance can reduce and sometimes remove the out-of-pocket cost your business may be required to pay if faced with a liability claim, creating a financial safety net that allows you to continue running your food cart with peace of mind.

Things we cover

Your food cart faces a unique set of risks that require a unique set of coverage. FLIP’s food truck insurance program provides food business owners like you with the customizable, comprehensive coverage your need to protect yourself and your business from the cost of claims.

get insured today

General Liability

Aggregate Limit: $2M

General liability can protect your business from paying for third-party bodily injury and property damage claims. It can also protect against claims regarding products-completed operations, personal and advertising injury, and more.

Product Liability

Aggregate Limit: $2M

As a food industry business, you run the risk of making a customer sick from your food, whether from foodborne illness, unlabelled allergens, or more. In these cases, product liability insurance can protect you from paying out of pocket for claims that your food made a customer ill.

Inland Marine

Aggregate Limit: $10,000

Inland marine coverage can protect your business from the cost of repairing or replacing broken or stolen business equipment. FLIP’s cottage food law insurance policy offers two coverage options for inland marine that you can choose according to your business needs.

Damage to Premises Rented

Aggregate Limit: $300,000

If you rent a space to do business, like a commercial kitchen, or participate in events, you need insurance that protects you from potential damages that might occur there. What’s more, property owners and event organizers may require you to include them as an additional insured on your policy. FLIP provides unlimited additional insureds at no extra cost.

Cyber Liability

Aggregate Limit: $100,000

Cyber liability insurance protects your business from the costs that arise from experiencing a cyber security breach.If your business collects or stores information online, on a computer, or on a mobile device, we strongly recommend this coverage option.

See all Coverage Details

Dont Take our word for it



  • General Liability
  • Products and Completed Operations Coverage
  • Personal and Advertising Injury Coverage
  • Damage to Premises Rented Coverage
  • Business Personal Property Coverage
  • No Quote Process
  • 24/7 Access to Policy Documents
  • Convenient Online Purchasing
  • Licensed In All 50 States
  • A+ Rated Insurance Carrier

Coverage Details:

General Liability Aggregate Limit $2,000,000
Products-Completed Operations Aggregate Limit $2,000,000
Personal and Advertising Injury Limit $1,000,000
General Each Occurrence Limit $1,000,000
Damage to Premises Rented to You (Any One Premises) $300,000
Liability Deductible NO DEDUCTIBLE
Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Any One Article / Aggregate) $5,000/$10,000
Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Per Occurrence) - Deductible $250

For food trailers, general liability limits only apply if you add a Trailer Endorsement to your policy. (Trailer Endorsement can be added during checkout).

**Please note that this is only a summary of your insurance coverage. All policies have specific terms, conditions, exclusions, and limitations. Please refer to the policy for a complete description of coverages. For a sample policy, please contact us at (844) 520-6992 or by email at

Contact us

260 South 2500 West Suite 303
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

P: 844.520.6992


"I have used FLIP insurance for two years now. They have always provided excellent service at an affordable price. Don't consider going with anyone else!"

Jessi, TN