Food Cart Insurance
FLIP’s food cart insurance offers business owners General Liability Insurance, Product Liability Insurance, free unlimited additional insureds, and more.
Benefits of Food Cart Insurance
Discover the benefits of food cart insurance and how it can protect your business
Protect your food cart with General and Product liability insurance, equipment coverage, and additional policy options according to your business needs.
Free Additional Insureds
Your food cart will likely need to include additional insureds on its policy. We offer unlimited additional insureds to concessions businesses at no extra cost.
Easy No-Quote Process
We make getting covered easy. Protect your business in ten minutes or less and gain instant access to your policy through our online user portal.
What Is Food Cart Insurance?
Food cart insurance is a liability insurance plan designed to protect your food cart business from the costs of liability claims. Food carts face a variety of liability risks, from trip and fall accidents to customers getting sick from their food. Food cart insurance can reduce and sometimes remove the out-of-pocket cost your business may be required to pay if faced with a liability claim. It creates a financial safety net that allows you to continue running your food cart with peace of mind.
The Food Liability Insurance Program’s (FLIP) food cart insurance program provides food business owners like you with the customizable, comprehensive coverage you need to protect your business from the cost of claims. We understand insurance can sometimes be confusing, that is why it is our job to help you navigate the world of insurance in the easiest and most affordable way possible. If you are a hot dog stand, taco cart, or anything in between, we’re the place for you.
Who Needs Food Cart Insurance?
If you are a food cart business selling…
- Hot Dogs
- Other Food Options
…then you need to protect your business with food cart insurance. Prevent the stress that comes from running your business without insurance and know you are protected.
How Much Does Mobile Food Vendor Insurance Cost?
Food cart insurance starts at a base rate of just $25.92 a month or $299 per year. This price includes General Liability insurance, Product Liability insurance, Damages to Premises Rented insurance, as well as free, unlimited additional insureds.
The price is subject to change based on the limits you choose as well as additional benefits such as Cyber Liability, Tools & Equipment (Inland Marine Insurance), Trailer Endorsement, and Professional Liability. Other things that impact the cost of food cart insurance are:
- States you operate in
- Gross Income
Let's Talk Numbers
Food Cart Insurance Coverage Details
Aggregate Limit: $2M
Protect your business from paying for third-party bodily injury and property damage claims. It can also protect against claims regarding products-completed operations, personal and advertising injury, and more.
Aggregate Limit: $2M
As a food industry business, you run the risk of accidentally making a customer sick from your food, whether from foodborne illness, unlabelled allergens, or more. In these cases, Product Liability insurance can protect you from paying out of pocket for claims that your food made a customer ill.
Inland Marine (Tools & Equipment)
Aggregate Limit: $10K
Protect your food cart business from the cost of repairing or replacing broken or stolen business equipment. FLIP’s food cart insurance policy offers two coverage options for Inland Marine that you can choose according to your business needs.
Damage to Premises Rented
Aggregate Limit: $300K
If you rent a space, like a commercial kitchen, or participate in events, you need insurance that protects you from potential damages that might occur there. Property owners and event organizers may require you to include them as an additional insured on your policy. FLIP provides unlimited additional insureds at no extra cost.
What Our Customers Are Saying
560+ Five Star Reviews
Coverage Details Limits
General Liability Aggregate Limit
Products – Completed Operations Aggregate Limit
Personal and Advertising Injury Limit
General Each Occurrence Limit
Damage to Premises Rented to You Limit (Any One Premises)
Business Personal Property\ Inland Marine Limit (Any One Article/ Aggregate)
Business Personal Property\ Inland Marine Limit (Per Occurrence) – Deductible
Medical Expense Limit
FAQs About Food Cart Insurance
We help cover:
- Cyber Liability claims. An example of this claim could include a cyber security breach resulting in your sensitive business information being compromised. Cyber Liability insurance is an additional coverage option that you can add in the application or from your user dashboard.
- Damage to premises rented. Claims like these could result in thousands of dollars spent on fixing the damage done to rented property. Protect your business (and wallet) by including this coverage on your policy.
- Tools and Equipment coverage. Also known as Inland Marine coverage, this is a great addition to your policy in the event that your business equipment is ever damaged or stolen. This is also an additional policy option that can be added in the application or from your user dashboard.
- Trailer Endorsement. Extend your General Liability coverage to your trailer while it is detached from your vehicle and parked on premise. This coverage can be added at any time through the application or from your user dashboard.
File a claim in these easy steps:
- Sign in to your user dashboard
- Click the option for filing a claim
- Call the Food Cart Insurance team and they will email you a claim form
Here are some reasons why you should choose FLIP for your mobile food vending insurance:
- No Quote Process
- 24/7 Access to Policy Documents
- Convenient Online Purchasing
- Licensed In All 50 States
- General Liability Insurance
- Products and Completed Operations Coverage
- Personal and Advertising Injury Coverage
- Damage to Premises Rented Coverage
- Business Personal Property Coverage