Food Trailer Insurance

As an owner of a food or concessions trailer, you take on a set of unique food vending tasks. You do business in multiple locations and travel often. You bring your products and equipment with you, which can lead to unique risks for you and your business.

Financial setbacks from a liability claim could leave you trailing behind your competition. Don’t let unforeseen events shutter your food trailer. Our affordable and comprehensive general liability insurance coverage is ideal for food trailer vendors.

Claims we’ve received from food trailer owners show how important it is to carry insurance:

  • A claimant’s food trailer was broken into and merchandise was stolen. FLIP paid $1,366.
  • An insured’s hot dog trailer caught fire causing damage to the wrap and component parts. FLIP paid $1,247.

Get A+ rated insurance with an easy online application. Kick your worries to the curb with FLIP. You’ll receive instant coverage the moment your payment processes. FLIP allows free unlimited additional insureds for food trailers participating in events, expositions, farmers markets, or festivals. Purchase a policy today and download your proof of insurance right away.

Coverage Details:

General Liability Aggregate Limit $2,000,000
Products-Completed Operations Aggregate Limit $2,000,000
Personal and Advertising Injury Limit $1,000,000
General Each Occurrence Limit $1,000,000
Damage to Premises Rented to You (Any One Premises) $300,000
Liability Deductible NO DEDUCTIBLE
Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Any One Article / Aggregate) $5,000/$10,000
Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Per Occurrence) - Deductible $250

For food trailers, general liability limits only apply if you add a Trailer Endorsement to your policy. (Trailer Endorsement can be added during checkout).

**Please note that this is only a summary of your insurance coverage. All policies have specific terms, conditions, exclusions, and limitations. Please refer to the policy for a complete description of coverages. For a sample policy, please contact us at (844) 520-6992 or by email at

A food trailer endorsement on your Food Liability Insurance Program (FLIP) policy includes coverage for incidents that occur in, on, or around your food trailer when it is unhooked from your towing vehicle and parked on a rented premise. Most general liability policies exclude coverage for trailers and without this endorsement may leave your business exposed for these types of claims.

Please note that the food trailer endorsement only covers liability incidents when the trailer is detached and parked. If you are towing or transporting the food trailer, make sure your vehicle's auto policy covers the trailer. Personal auto insurance may not cover your food trailer if you are using your personal automobile for business purposes. Also, some auto policies may exclude trailers that have license plates or vehicle identification numbers (VIN).

Food trailer insurance from FLIP starts at $449 ($150 for a food trailer endorsement plus $299 or more for general liability coverage). Optional professional liability coverage or additional business personal property limits are available for an additional premium.

Food trailer insurance is an essential part of any business that operates using a food trailer. Not only does it protect you in the event that somebody sues your business or is harmed from your business operations, but it also protects your finances and your business. In addition, many states heavily regulate food trailers and require that they carry food trailer general liability insurance.

Why FLIP for Food Trailer Insurance?

  • A+ Rated Insurance Carrier
  • Affordable Premium
  • Licensed in All 50 States
  • Free Additional Insureds
  • Purchase Instantly Online - No Long Quote Process
Buy Online Today.

"I couldn't be happier with the customer service I've received...  Everybody has been prompt, professional, and quick to understand my needs." Greg, AZ - More Testimonials

Not ready to buy?

Set Reminder

Program Highlights

  • General Liability
  • Products and Completed Operations Coverage
  • Personal and Advertising Injury Coverage
  • Damage to Premises Rented Coverage
  • Business Personal Property Coverage

Program Benefits

  • No Quote Process
  • 24/7 Access to Policy Documents
  • Convenient Online Purchasing
  • Licensed In All 50 States
  • A+ Rated Insurance Carrier


Most general liability policies exclude incidents that occur in, on, or around your food trailer. A Trailer Endorsement covers those exclusions so you do not have to leave part of your work station uninsured. It is important to note that the Trailer Endorsement only covers liability incidents in, on, or around the trailer when the trailer is detached from your towing vehicle and parked on a rented premise. Make sure your vehicle’s auto policy covers the trailer when it is attached to a vehicle; some auto policies may exclude trailers that have license plates or vehicle identification numbers (VIN).

Contact us

260 South 2500 West Suite 303
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

P: 844.520.6992


"I have used FLIP insurance for two years now. They have always provided excellent service at an affordable price. Don't consider going with anyone else!"

Jessi, TN

Recent blog posts