Contact | 844.520.6992

Food Vendor Insurance for Festivals

Festival food vendor insurance that provides quick protection, affordable coverages, and personalized policies.

Benefits of Festival Food Vendor Insurance

Discover how food festival insurance can protect your business. 

paper icon

Customizable Coverage

Protect your business with a customized policy designed to provide all the coverage your business may need.

additional insured lots of people icon

Free, Unlimited Additional Insureds

Enjoy free and unlimited additional insureds that you can add at any time from anywhere.

internet icon

Instant, No-Quote Process

In 10 minutes or less you can purchase your policy and gain instant access to your policy information and certificates.

Do Festival Food Vendors Need Liability Insurance?

Yes. Working as a food vendor at a festival can be risky. Liability claims against your business can cost tens of thousands of dollars or more. That’s why it’s necessary to protect your business with food vendor insurance for festivals, which can reduce or remove the cost of liability claims.

Protect your food vendor business with up to $2 million in A+ rated general and product liability insurance as well as $10k for tools and equipment insurance. Not enough coverage? Not a problem! The Food Liability Insurance Program (FLIP) provides increased limits and additional policy options for businesses that need them.

What Is Festival Food Vendor Insurance?

A festival food vendor insurance policy is designed to respond to claims related to the daily operations of your business and is designed to provide a financial safety net for your assets. Covered claims may include slip and fall accidents, illnesses caused by your food product, or equipment loss. Our policy offers coverage for business personal property/inland marine, general liability, product liability, and damage to premises rented coverage.

How Much Does Festival Food Vendor Insurance Cost?

Liability insurance for food vendors starts at $25.92 a month, or $299 per year. However, every business will require different types of coverage. Personalizing your policy can affect the cost. There are a couple of other factors that can cause the cause to vary. These factors include the:

  • Insurance limits you select
  • Gross business revenues of your business
  • Length of your coverage 

Let's Talk About Numbers


Food Festival Insurance Coverage Details:

General Liability

Aggregate Limit: $2M

Protect your food vendor business from the cost of third-party bodily injury and property damage claims that arise as a result of your business operation. It can also protect against claims regarding products-completed operations, personal and advertising injury, and more.

product liability

Product Liability

Aggregate Limit: $2M

As a food business, you run the risk of customers getting sick from the food you serve them, whether it be from foodborne illness, unlabelled allergens, or something else. Product Liability insurance can protect your food vending business from the cost of these product-related claims.

spoon and fork
Inland Marine (Tools & Equipment)

Aggregate Limit: $10K 

Also referred to as Tools and Equipment coverage, Inland Marine insurance can protect your business from the cost of repairing or replacing stolen or broken business equipment. FLIP offers two coverage plans for inland marine based on your insurance needs.

small house icon

Damage To Premises Rented 

Aggregate Limit: $300K

Protect your food vending business from the cost of claims arising from damages done to rented spaces, such as an event booth or commercial kitchen. It’s common for property owners and event organizers to require businesses to list them as additional insureds on a policy before renting a space. FLIP provides unlimited additional insureds at no extra cost.

Coverage Details Limits

General Liability Aggregate Limit


Products – Completed Operations Aggregate Limit


Personal and Advertising Injury Limit


General Each Occurrence Limit


Damage to Premises Rented to You Limit (Any One Premises)


Liability Deductible


Business Personal Property\ Inland Marine Limit (Any One Article/ Aggregate)


Business Personal Property\ Inland Marine Limit (Per Occurrence) – Deductible


Medical Expense Limit


group of friends at food festival

What Our Customers Are Saying

560+ Five Star Reviews

Shannon O.
Shannon O.
Hot Day Afternoon BBQ & Catering
Read More
We have had policies with them for probably 11 years and everything has always been so professional, fast and easy. I would never even think of moving to a new carrier.
Brazil M.
Brazil M.
Spryce Company
Read More
Great Insurance Company. All my needs are accommodated through FLIP. I’ve been a client for 7 years and never needed to find a new home.
Shallie A.
Shallie A.
Set the Bar Rentals
Read More
So far, so good! New member to flip! I’ve already received top notch service from an agent, got my insurance and paid my invoice in less than an hour. Thank you to MBP for the referral.
Don B.
Don B.
Madison Lane Farms
Read More
Easy to find a policy I needed. I had a few questions and they were promptly -and very clearly - answered in email. Price is reasonable for the coverage I got. Website is easy to navigate and the user dashboard is helpful.
Chynsia M.
Chynsia M.
Vibrant Life Bakery
Read More
Hello, using and joining the FLIP website was fast, easy, painless and affordable. An agent got back to me promptly if I had any questions. I recommend FLIP to anyone who needs to insure their company.
Emtesha N.
Emtesha N.
Baked Chemistry
Read More
Simple, Easy, affordable coverage! Been with FLIP for over 4 years. I love the unlimited additional insured as well. They have a lifelong customer!!
Whitni S.
Whitni S.
Whit's End Catering
Read More
I’ve been covered by this company for almost 5 years. Very reasonably priced and great customer service.
Ken P.
Ken P.
Slider City BBQ & Catering
Read More
FLIP insurance for my catering company was very affordable and a simple process to obtain. In addition, they respond quickly when asked to add on addition kitchens to the policies.
Alejandro G.
Alejandro G.
Atlanta Vice LLC
Read More
Love the simple and easy process. Customer services answered all of my questions and my returned my immediately instead of waiting for a representative.
Michele M.
Michele M.
M&M Kettlecorn LLC
Read More
It was an easy and fast experience that you don't get with others and I will definitely be using this in the future and to any of those who want to try it, I got one thing to say to you,"JUST DO IT!"
Tanja D.
Tanja D.
Read More
Right what we needed as a startup in the food industry. Affordable insurance and expandable when necessary. Thank you!
Maxine L.
Maxine L.
Chips Galore Cookies and More
Read More
It was am auto renew, which makes it so easy. Was sent a reminder that it was due, and then it was done..did not have to worry about it.

Have Questions? We're On It.

If you sell food at music festivals, art festivals, renaissance festivals, film festivals, and more, then you will need festival food vendor insurance. Serving your food comes with risks and vendor insurance for food festivals can protect your business from the expensive costs associated with claims. 

You could face a variety of third-party claims, such as a customer experiencing an allergic reaction from food purchased from you or a customer sustaining an injury at your station. In some severe cases, it can lead to legal action and defense costs can add up fast. This kind of financial strain can be detrimental for many small business owners. Festival food vendor insurance works as a financial safety net and is designed to respond to covered third-party claims you may face.

A trailer endorsement can cover liability incidents in, on, or around your trailer when the trailer is detached from your towing vehicle and parked on a rented premise. 

It’s important to note that most general liability policies exclude incidents that occur in, on, or around your food trailer. A trailer endorsement covers those exclusions so you do not have to leave part of your work station uninsured. Your trailer endorsement is an extension of your general liability insurance so the limits are $2 million aggregate. A trailer endorsement is an additional $12.50 per month.

Some risks that you can experience as a food festival vendor can include:

  • A customer who trips over your equipment or within your business location, causing bodily harm
  • Stolen equipment. While you are busy serving a customer, someone steals your equipment
  • A customer gets a foodborne illness from the baked goods you served them
  • A fire or disaster destroys your equipment or business location, which could cost thousands of dollars to repair or replace

If you are a festival food vendor you need these insurance coverages

  • General Liability insurance
  • Product Liability insurance
  • Inland Marine (Tools & Equipment) insurance
  • Damage to Premises Rented insurance
  • Cyber Liability insurance 

You will also want to include a trailer endorsement if you operate a trailer. These insurance coverages can protect you from the costs associated with insurance claims. Costs can include attorney fees, medical fees, property damage replacement fees, and more. Oftentimes these claims can cost thousands of dollars.