Close this search box.

Food Trailer Endorsement

Get the best coverage for your mobile food trailer with a specific food trailer endorsement from Food Liability Insurance Program (FLIP). Find out how to get insured in 10 minutes or less!

What Is the Food Trailer Endorsement?

The food trailer endorsement is unique to FLIP and provides liability coverage for your food trailer when it’s parked and detached from your towing vehicle at a location for food vending.

This could include a farmers market, food truck rally, or other special event where you’re parked on a rented premises.

Who Needs a Food Trailer Endorsement?

Anyone who sells food or beverages from a food trailer needs a food trailer endorsement, including: 

popcorn icon


food truck icon

Food trucks

chef rolling dough icon


FLIP’s insurance is also available to a wide range of other small food and beverage businesses. See our full list of covered industries.

How Does the Food Trailer Endorsement Work?

Standard commercial general liability policies exclude coverage for any type of trailer, including food trailers.

Without the food trailer endorsement, any bodily injury or property damage claims that occur in, on, or around your trailer would not be covered. 

The food trailer endorsement extends your general liability limits to your trailer so that you can receive coverage for these types of incidents. 

What Information Will I Need About My Business to Get a Quote?

To purchase a policy with a food trailer endorsement, please provide the following information:

  • Business name
  • Owner name and contact information
  • Address
  • Business description
  • Gross annual sales
  • Coverages requested


How Long Does It Take?

Our easy online application can be finished in 10 minutes or less.

If eligible, you can finalize your food trailer insurance policy and have access to your Certificate of Insurance (COI) as soon as payment is processed! 

If you require a more customized insurance quote, we have a dedicated team ready to assist you.

What Are Common Food Trailer Insurance Claims?

Some of the claims we’ve seen paid out from the food trailer endorsement are:

  • A person broke their wrist after tripping over an extension cord around the insured’s food trailer.
  • The insured’s propane tank exploded and caused damage to a neighboring vendor at an event. 
  • The insured’s trailer rolled back and hit another vendor’s booth at an event. 


Without the food trailer endorsement, your general liability policy may not respond to these types of claims, leaving you to cover the loss out of pocket.

What Does the Food Trailer Endorsement Cover?

The food trailer endorsement extends your general liability limits to your trailer, meaning it will shield you from bodily injury and property damage claims that arise in, on, or around your trailer.

What Does the Food Trailer Endorsement Not Cover?

The food trailer endorsement does not cover incidents that occur while your trailer is connected to your vehicle, in transit, or parked at a location that is not intended for vending food. 

Also, the food trailer endorsement does not cover any items already excluded by the commercial general liability policy. Please refer to the policy for exact coverages, limitations, and exclusions.

How Much Does the Food Trailer Endorsement Cost?

You can protect your business with FLIP’s food trailer endorsement for $12.50 per month, or $150 per year

When you purchase insurance for food trailers from FLIP, you can add the food trailer endorsement during checkout or purchase it anytime afterward. Food trailer insurance starts at $25.92 per month or $299 per year and includes general liability, product liability, and damage to premises rented insurance.

Learn more about food trailer insurance and the food trailer endorsement.

Why FLIP for Food Trailer Insurance?

FLIP is the only provider that offers a food trailer endorsement, providing broader liability coverage than other insurance policies on the market today. 

Beyond the food trailer endorsement, FLIP offers other insurance coverage types that you can purchase to get the most comprehensive protection for your business. This includes coverages like liquor liability and inland marine.

We’re the trusted insurer for over 35,000 food and beverage businesses just like yours. Invest in your business’ success and protect it with liability insurance from FLIP today! 

Hear From Real Customers About FLIP Insurance

Here's what other people have to say about their experience from over 350+ available reviews.

Coverage Details Limits

General Liability Aggregate Limit


Products – Completed Operations Aggregate Limit


Personal and Advertising Injury Limit


General Each Occurrence Limit


Damage to Premises Rented to You Limit (Any One Premises)


Liability Deductible


Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Any One Article / Aggregate)


Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Per Occurrence) – Deductible


Medical Expense Limit


food trailer icon
Chris Van Leeuwen, CIC and Author for Food Liability Insurance Program (FLIP)

Written by: Chris Van Leeuwen

Chris Van Leeuwen is the VP of Agency Development for Food Liability Insurance Program (FLIP). He has held the prestigious Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) designation since 1996.

Because he strongly believes in the importance of helping business owners understand their insurance coverage, Chris uses his wealth of experience to offer insights to food and beverage professionals across the country who are looking to navigate business liability insurance

Kyle Jude, Program Manager and Author for Food Liability Insurance Program

Reviewed by: Kyle Jude

Kyle Jude is the Program Manager for Food Liability Insurance Program (FLIP). As a dedicated program manager with 10+ years of experience in the insurance industry, Kyle offers insight into different coverages for food and beverage business professionals who are looking to navigate business liability insurance.