Caterering Insurance

As a catering professional, you take on several risks and your business demands insurance that can cover a variety of operations. Since you may prepare and serve food in a multitude of locations and venues, it’s necessary for you to have insurance that can cover your liability and equipment no matter where your catering services take you. We understand this and that’s why our policies are non-premise specific. You can feel confident knowing you are insured anywhere you work across the U.S.

Financial setbacks from a liability claim could close down your catering business indefinitely. Why not get comprehensive catering insurance which includes general and product liability, and business personal property coverage for just $299 a year? Unlike other event policies that exclude product liability which is an essential coverage for caterers, we pride ourselves in offering comprehensive catering insurance coverage for food professionals.

Rather than buying multiple event policies each year, our annual policy is a cost-saving solution for you if your business operations include:

  • Full-Service Catering
  • Independent Catering
  • Wedding Catering
  • Concession Caterers
  • Corporate & Social Event Catering
  • And More!

Coverage Details:

General Liability Aggregate Limit $2,000,000
Products-Completed Operations Aggregate Limit $2,000,000
Personal and Advertising Injury Limit $1,000,000
General Each Occurrence Limit $1,000,000
Damage to Premises Rented to You (Any One Premises) $300,000
Liability Deductible NO DEDUCTIBLE
Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Any One Article / Aggregate) $5,000/$10,000
Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Per Occurrence) - Deductible $250

For food trailers, general liability limits only apply if you add a Trailer Endorsement to your policy. (Trailer Endorsement can be added during checkout).

**Please note that this is only a summary of your insurance coverage. All policies have specific terms, conditions, exclusions, and limitations. Please refer to the policy for a complete description of coverages. For a sample policy, please contact us at (844) 520-6992 or by email at

Common Insurance Questions:

Insurance for caterers is a policy designed to respond to claims that may occur in the day-to-day operations of your catering business. Covered claims may include slip and fall accidents, equipment loss, third-party property damage, or other mishaps. Your catering insurance policy from FLIP includes coverages such as business personal property/inland marine, general liability, product liability, damage to premises rented, and identity recovery coverage. Learn more about the coverage details.

Yes. As a caterer, you need catering insurance to cover your business in the event that you’re faced with a claim. If you get sued, for example, and your business is uninsured, you would be required to fight that suit on your own, which could be devastating to your business. Catering insurance can also help out if you were sued because a client fell ill after consuming food you’ve served, if you accidentally damage someone's property, or if your equipment is stolen. Since your catering service operates at multiple locations, you need insurance that follows where your work takes you. FLIP insurance is portable and not specific to one location.

A basic catering insurance policy from FLIP starts at $299 per year. However, there are coverage options or endorsements that you may add to your policy for an additional premium. For example, you may choose to increase your business personal property coverage limits if your equipment would cost more to replace than what is available under our standard limits. Or you might want to add professional liability coverage if you teach cooking classes. With FLIP, you can structure the insurance you need to the type of catering business you operate.

The general liability policy excludes liquor liability coverage. However, if you sell, serve, or furnish alcoholic beverages, we can provide liquor liability coverage at an additional premium. FLIP can provide your business with both general and liquor liability insurance. Learn more about liquor liability for caterers.

FLIP catering insurance is designed for individuals and companies in the food catering business. Whether you make, sell, or distribute a food product, you can qualify for coverage as long as your gross annual sales are under $200,000 and you don’t make or distribute any of the excluded products. (These products are listed in our list of exclusions located on the FAQ page under the “Who Qualifies” section.) If your gross sales exceed $200,000, please contact us for additional options.

Great American Insurance Company is the insurer. They are one of the top carriers in the U.S. and are “A Rated” by A.M. Best. To learn more, click here.

Why FLIP for Catering Insurance?

  • A+ Rated Insurance Carrier
  • Affordable Premium
  • Licensed in All 50 States
  • Free Additional Insureds
  • Purchase Instantly Online - No Long Quote Process
Buy Online Today.

"I was paying $2200 a year for 7 years. When I heard about FLIP from another vendor I called FLIP... After spending about 20 min on the phone with me and answering ALL of my questions... I emailed my other provider and told them about FLIP... I went on to say why would I not switch? Thank you FLIP" Scott M - Catering Company - More Testimonials

Not ready to buy?

Set Reminder

benefits of flip

Program Highlights

  • General Liability
  • Products and Completed Operations Coverage
  • Personal and Advertising Injury Coverage
  • Damage to Premises Rented Coverage
  • Business Personal Property Coverage

Program Benefits

  • No Quote Process
  • 24/7 Access to Policy Documents
  • Convenient Online Purchasing
  • Licensed In All 50 States
  • A+ Rated Insurance Carrier


FLIP was created to offer the most affordable liability insurance to food vendors without sacrificing coverage. By creating an online program, long and expensive underwriting processes were shortened, allowing FLIP to offer quality insurance policies at reduced prices compared to more traditional methods of processing. In addition, the online presence gives food vendors more control over their policies at their convenience.

Contact us

260 South 2500 West Suite 303
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

P: 844.520.6992


"I have used FLIP insurance for two years now. They have always provided excellent service at an affordable price. Don't consider going with anyone else!"

Jessi, TN