Close this search box.

The Kitchen Door & The Food Corridor

The Food Liability Insurance Program was designed specifically for those in the food and culinary industries. The Food Liability Insurance Program provides Commercial General Liability insurance, Inland Marine, and options for Trailer Coverage. See below for a list of qualified food providers. Inland Marine insurance and Trailer coverage are additional coverages and can be added to your policy. 


By purchasing insurance through the Food Liability Insurance Program (FLIP), you get a competitive insurance policy with low premiums. The Food Liability Insurance Program accomplishes this by using the purchasing power of a Risk Purchasing Group. Because you are part of this group, acquiring insurance directly from a carrier, the cost savings are passed onto you. Once enrolled, each individual is issued a Certificate Of Insurance showing their own individual liability limits; you don’t share coverage limits with others, just premium savings. Your insurance policy becomes effective immediately after your online payment is verified. This only takes a few moments. Once the payment is processed, you can print your insurance certificate and add any additional insureds through your customer portal. Everything is at your fingertips.

Coverage Details Limits

General Liability Aggregate Limit


Products – Completed Operations Aggregate Limit


Personal and Advertising Injury Limit


General Each Occurrence Limit


Damage to Premises Rented to You Limit (Any One Premises)


Liability Deductible


Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Any One Article / Aggregate)


Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Per Occurrence) – Deductible


Medical Expense Limit


Who Qualifies

Food Liability Insurance is designed for small food businesses. Whether you make, sell, or distribute a food product, you are qualified for Food Liability insurance as long as your product is not on the excluded list below and your gross annual sales are under $500,000. If your gross sales are over $500,000, please contact us for additional options.

Program Highlights

  • Bake Sales
  • Baked Goods
  • Beverage Carts
  • Cake Makers and Decorators
  • Catering Concessions
  • Concession Trailers
  • Cottage Food Law
  • Culinary Businesses
  • Food Carts
  • Food Distributors
  • Food Manufacturers
  • Food Trailers
  • Home Based Bakeries
  • Home Food Businesses
  • Hot Dog Carts
  • Lemonade Concessions
  • Personal / Private Chefs
  • Pushcarts
    • Food Vendors & Caterers
    • Commercial Kitchens
    • County Fairs
    • Expo Centers
    • Farmers Markets
    • Food Festivals
    • Greek Festivals
    • Medieval Festivals
    • Renaissance Festivals
    • State Fairs
    • Street Food Vendors
    • Swap Meets
    • Wedding Catering Food Vendors

Excluded Lines of Business

  • Alcoholic beverages or products (includes serving, selling, or subcontracting).
  • Feed for animals or livestock. This does not include pet products. 
  • Any product requiring a prescription.
  • Baby food.
  • Commercial farms owned or operated by the insured (your products sold away from the farm are okay.)
  • Companies or operations that are not in compliance with county, state, and federal food and safety regulations.
  • Diet products, cleanses, or pills that are marketed as a “weight loss” product
  • Energy drinks.
  • Grocery store or supermarket retail operations that are owned or operated by the insured.
  • Health coaching.
  • Importers that import produce or dairy that make up more than 20% of total sales.
  • Importers of seafood, meat, or poultry.
  • Kava.
  • Invasive medical products that are intended to stay within the body.
  • Nutraceuticals, vitamins, supplements, suppositories, or products containing pharmaceuticals, drugs, or medicines.
  • Nutrition consulting.
  • Owner or operator of a food court or storefront.
  • Owner or operator of any fixed or permanent location.
  • Restaurant, cafe, bakery, tavern, or similar establishment, with operations where you own or lease the space where customers enter to purchase food or beverages.
  • Tobacco-related products including e-cigarettes and smokeless products.
  • Topical products including soaps, lotions, and bath products.

Need More Information?