Close this search box.

Kentucky Food Liability Insurance

Cover your food business in Kentucky today!


4.8/5 on

Multi-colored Google Icon

Kentucky Food Businesses We Cover

Don’t see your business type listed? See more industries

Business Insurance in Kentucky

Blessed with a unique combination of Southern delicacies, regional dishes, and resourceful Appalachian meals, Kentucky cuisine has something for everybody. From Owensoboro’s mutton barbecue to Louisville’s hot brown sandwich, the Bluegrass State serves up plenty of iconic (and delicious) fare.

If you’re one of the lucky food professionals dishing up culinary delights in Kentucky, small business insurance is an essential investment. Food Liability Insurance Program (FLIP) provides general liability coverage that can diminish or even eliminate costly claims like property damage or third-person bodily injury.

In addition to FLIP’s comprehensive plan, add-ons allow you to customize your Kentucky liability insurance to fit your business. When you need extra coverage, bump up your limits with excess liability. If theft or disaster strikes, our tools and equipment option can help ensure that you make it to your next big event.

Need to add a venue, festival, commercial kitchen, or landlord as an additional insured? You can do that for free, right in your dashboard, 24/7. 

In the modern world, cybercrime is another challenge you may face. Unseen but very real threats like lost data, ransomware demands, and security breaches can be detrimental to a small business. Luckily, our cyber liability coverage can absorb some or all of that financial burden if you come under attack.

Kentucky Food Insurance Coverages

  • General Liability
  • Products and Completed Operations Coverage
  • Personal and Advertising Injury Coverage
  • Damage to Premises Rented Coverage
  • Business Personal Property Coverage


Get Quote

Cottage Food Laws in Kentucky

Kentucky cottage food law, aka the Home-Based Processing Program, includes a variety of requirements for small businesses to fulfill. Applicants must complete the necessary forms, pay a registration fee, and limit their products to the approved list. Sellers must also adhere to hygiene standards and labeling guidelines.

If you’re selling food from home in Kentucky, protecting yourself and your business should be a top priority. FLIP offers cottage food law insurance so that you have backup in the event of a kitchen-related catastrophe. From an allergic reaction to your product to a slip-and-fall when a customer picks up their goodies, you’ll be covered.

Kentucky Liquor Liability Insurance

What goes better with Kentucky cuisine than barrel-aged bourbon or a refreshing mint julep? Unfortunately, a few drinks can sometimes lead to issues. If you accidentally serve a minor or an intoxicated customer gets into a fight, liability claims can rack up quickly. FLIP offers Kentucky business insurance that covers liquor-related claims, so you can rest easy

Kentucky Food Trucks

Whether you’re heading to the Kentucky Food Truck Championship or one of the many state food festivals, it’s always a wise choice to protect your business. Accidents happen when we least expect them, which is why food truck insurance is such a vital investment. 

Coast to Coast Coverage

Even if your Kentucky food venture takes you cross-country, your policy follows you!* Just make sure you adhere to the licensing and certification requirements of the state in which you reside.

*FLIP is currently unavailable in Missouri

Get Quote

Let's Talk About Numbers for Food Vendor Liability Insurance