Close this search box.

Washington Food Liability Insurance

Get general liability insurance for your food business in Washington State today and enjoy immediate coverage.


4.8/5 on

Multi-colored Google Icon

Washington Food Businesses We Cover

Don’t see your business type listed? See more industries

Washington Food Business Insurance

When most people think of Seattle, they immediately think of Starbucks. The iconic coffee chain first opened its doors at Seattle’s Pike Place Market in 1971 and has remained a popular tourist destination ever since. 

Whether you’re enjoying world-class dishes in the rotating Space Needle restaurant, taking part in The Bite (the largest food festival in Seattle) or having a bowl of Ivar’s clam chowder on the pier, Washington has a repertoire of delicious eats and treats. Plus, the Evergreen State is the number one producer of apples, blueberries, sweet cherries, pears, and hops in the U.S. 

If you operate a food business in Washington, the Food Liability Insurance Program (FLIP) can help protect your business with comprehensive general liability insurance. Customize your policy with optional coverages like cyber liability and tools and equipment insurance and enjoy the ease of our online checkout process. Get Washington state business insurance in 10 minutes or less today!

Washington Food Insurance Coverages

  • General Liability
  • Products and Completed Operations Coverage
  • Personal and Advertising Injury Coverage
  • Damage to Premises Rented Coverage
  • Business Personal Property Coverage


Get Quote

Cottage Food Laws in Washington State

Cottage law in Washington State permits residents to sell foods such as baked goods, candies, jams, jellies, preserves, dry spice blends, and more from their home kitchens—so long as they have a permit. 

Home-based food businesses in Washington state need cottage food insurance to shield themselves against the risks of serving food from home, including unlabeled food allergens, food poisoning, and third-party bodily injury. 

Washington Liquor Liability Insurance

Washington state is the fourth highest-paying state for bartenders in the U.S. with an average hourly wage of $23.37

Liquor liability insurance is necessary for your business if you sell, serve, or furnish alcohol as part of your business operations. FLIP offers liquor liability coverage designed to protect your business from alcohol-related risks that could cost you thousands of dollars in claims. 

Licensed Nationwide*

If you start your business in Washington and move it to another state, don’t fret—your FLIP policy can follow you there! As long as you follow the licensing and certification requirements of the state you currently do business in, you can enjoy coverage wherever you are.

*FLIP is not currently available in Missouri.

Get Quote

Let's Talk About Numbers for Food Vendor Liability Insurance