There is some amazing food in the world. It seems like every culture has at least one type of food that is not only their signature dish, but that also tastes delicious. Yet, sometimes it seems the food or drink we want the most is the one that we simply can’t have.
It’s not that these foods or drinks are too expensive or that there aren’t enough to go around. It’s worse than that—they don’t actually exist at all.
How many times have you read a book and had your mouth water as you read about some type of fictional food that the characters in the book get to eat but you don’t. Have you ever watched a TV show or movie and seen the characters eating something that looks absolutely delicious—something that makes the popcorn on your lap seem like a box of broccoli in comparison?
Today we are reviewing 5 fictional foods that we wish actually existed.
- Willy Wonka’s Everlasting Gobstopper (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory): Wait! Before you say it, yes, we know there is a candy company called Willy Wonka and they do actually have an everlasting gobstopper that people can buy. But the everlasting gobstopper we are talking about is the one in the Willy Wonka book and movie that really is EVERLASTING. Buy one and you don’t ever have to buy another again. Ever.
- Cakes and Drink That Change Your Size (Alice in Wonderland): What if you could eat a small piece of cake and instantly grow to the size of Godzilla? Or, if you’d rather, you can take a sip of a special drink and shrink to the size of an ant. It’s true that having this type of food around could be problematic (what if a baby got a hold of the last piece of that cake? Can you imagine trying to change a diaper the size of a small building?) but it would still be pretty cool.
- Butterbeer (Harry Potter): Few drinks in fiction sound as appetizing as Butterbeer. Harry Potter Wiki describes it as “tasting a little bit like less-sickly butterscotch.” It is apparently made with butter, sugar, and water and may have a tiny bit of alcohol, as it seems to get house elves a little tipsy. While The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ at Universal Studios does have a type of Butterbeer, it’s just not the same.
- Scooby Snacks (Scooby Doo): Yes, they are technically dog treats for Scooby Doo, but Shaggy also seems to like them. Who knows, maybe they really are that good. And if not, at least your dog will like them (if you have a dog).
- Lembas Bread (Lord of the Rings): This might be the best fictional food of all time for dieters. Imagine taking a small bite of a slice of bread and being full for the rest of the day! And not only that, it is high in nutrients and all that other good stuff so you can chase down a pack of orcs all day without having to stop. Warning: If you are a hobbit, lembas bread might not work for you.
Alright, that’s our list. What did we miss? Let us know in the comments.
BY ASHLEY BAKER
Ashley Baker writes about marketing, business, and insurance for small business owners and entrepreneurs.
Ashley is a former Licensed Massage Therapist. She has a background in writing for state political offices, newspapers and was the web editor for two regional magazine publications. When she’s not writing, she’s spending time with her family, attending college football games or kayaking. Find Ashley on LinkedIn, Instagram, or Twitter.