Contact | 844.520.6992

Food Liability Insurance Program (FLIP) Logo


The Food Liability Insurance Program was designed specifically for those in the food business and culinary business. The Food Liability Insurance Program provides commercial general liability insurance, inland marine and options for trailer coverage. See below for a list of qualified food providers.

Purchasing insurance through the Food Liability Insurance Program you get a competitive insurance policy with low premiums. The Food Liability Insurance Program accomplishes this by using the purchasing power of a Risk Purchasing Group, because you are part of this group, acquiring insurance directly from a carrier, the cost savings are passed onto you. Once enrolled, each individual is issued a certificate of insurance showing your own individual liability limits; you don’t share coverage limits with others, just premium savings. Your insurance policy becomes effective immediately after your online payment is verified, this only takes a few moments. Once the payment is processed, you can print your insurance certificate and add any additional insureds if necessary through your customer portal. Everything is at your fingertips.

Limits Of Insurance

General Liability Aggregate Limit
Products-Completed Operations Aggregate Limit
Personal and Advertising Injury Limit
General Each Occurrence Limit
Damage to Premises Rented to You (Any One Premises)
Liability Deductible
Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Any One Article / Aggregate)
Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Per Occurrence) - Deductible

These general liability limits only apply to food trailers if a Trailer Endorsement is added to the policy.

**Please note these are brief definitions of coverage. Your policy may be more restrictive in its language. Refer to the actual policy for a complete description of coverages and exclusions



With Coupon Code: “BensDiscount2020

Not ready to buy?

Who Qualifies

Food Liability Insurance is designed for small food businesses. Whether you make, sell, or distribute a food product, you are qualified for Food Liability insurance as long as your product is not on the excluded list below and your gross annual sales are under $500,000. If your gross sales are over $500,000, please contact us for additional options.

Program Highlights

  • Bake Sale
  • Baked Goods
  • Beverage Carts
  • Cake Makers and Decorators
  • Catering Concessions
  • Concession Trailers
  • Cottage Food Law
  • Culinary Businesses
  • Food Carts
  • Food Distributors
  • Food Manufacturers
  • Food Trailers
  • Home Based Bakery
  • Home Food Business
  • Hot Dog Carts
  • Lemonade Concessions
  • Personal / Private Chefs
  • Pushcarts
  • Food Vendors & Caterers
    • Commercial Kitchens
    • County Fairs
    • Expo Centers
    • Farmers Markets
    • Food Festivals
    • Greek Festivals
    • Medieval Festivals
    • Renaissance Festivals
    • State Fairs
    • Street Food Vendors
    • Swap Meets
    • Wedding Catering Food Vendors

Excluded Lines of Business

  • Alcoholic Beverages or Products (Includes Serving, Selling, or Sub-Contracting)
  • Animal/Livestock Feed (This Does Not Include Pet Products)
  • Any Product Requiring a Prescription
  • Baby Food
  • Commercial farms owned or operated by the insured (your products sold away from the farm are okay)
  • Companies/Operations Not in Compliance with County, State, and Federal Food and Safety Regulations
  • Diet Products or Cleanses or Pills Marketed as a ‘Weight Loss’ Product
  • Energy Drinks
  • Grocery store or supermarket retail operations owned or operated by the insured
  • Health Coaching
  • Importers – Produce or Dairy Making Up More Than 20% of Total Sales
  • Importers – Seafood, Meat, Poultry
  • Kava
  • Medical Invasive Products (Intended to Stay within the Body)
  • Nutraceuticals, Vitamins, Supplements, Suppositories, or Products Containing Pharmaceuticals, Drugs, or Medicines
  • Nutrition Consulting
  • Owner or operator of a food court / storefront
  • Owner or operator of any fixed/permanent location
  • Restaurant, Cafe, Bakery, Tavern or Similar Establishment, with Operations Where You Own or Lease the Space Where Customers Enter to Purchase Food or Beverages
  • Tobacco Related Products Including E-Cigarettes and Smokeless Products
  • Topical Products Including Soaps, Lotions, and Bath Products

Need More Information?